[ECOS] Re: Re: accept() FreeBSD hangs when out of resources

Tad ecos_removethispart@ds3switch.com
Tue Jun 12 04:05:00 GMT 2007

Andrew Lunn wrote:
> What i would ideally like is a test case we can add to the standard
> tests. The test case should fail now, but once we have fix the problem
> we can keep the test case for regression tests.

16 rapid http POSTS to any ATHTTP server compiled with 16 max sockets
should lock the server up forever (as long as they're
<CYG_HTTPD_SOCKET_IDLE_TIMEOUT(300) secs so the TCP conns stay in
ESTABLISHED rather than TIMED_WAIT)

FWIW, I raised the both MAX file NFD, NFILES? while keeping the
MAX_SOCKETS the same with no change.