[ECOS] Re: accept() FreeBSD hangs when out of resources

Andrew Lunn andrew@lunn.ch
Tue Jun 12 03:51:00 GMT 2007

On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 03:42:07PM -0800, Tad wrote:
> >>accept() won't return and won't timeout (>12hrs) when listen() indicates
> >>a new connection, if out of sockets/file-descriptors and all TCP
> >>connections are in ESTABLISHED state.
> >
> >Where exactly is it blocked. Please could you provide a call stack.
>
> Couldn't see why it would hang either, Andrew, but seems to reliably.
>
> Wish I could help more.  Submitted 20 hrs of digging.  My system doesn't
> have any gdb or printf capablities.  Think I gave enough reproduction
> situation for someone with gdb capabilities to take it further.

For situations like this i find working on the synthetic target much
better. You have full gdb support, diag_printf etc.

What i would ideally like is a test case we can add to the standard
tests. The test case should fail now, but once we have fix the problem
we can keep the test case for regression tests.

   Andrew