[ECOS] Re: accept() FreeBSD hangs when out of resources

Tad ecos_removethispart@ds3switch.com
Mon Jun 11 23:15:00 GMT 2007

>> accept() won't return and won't timeout (>12hrs) when listen() indicates
>> a new connection, if out of sockets/file-descriptors and all TCP
>> connections are in ESTABLISHED state.
>
> Where exactly is it blocked. Please could you provide a call stack.

Couldn't see why it would hang either, Andrew, but seems to reliably.

Wish I could help more.  Submitted 20 hrs of digging.  My system doesn't
have any gdb or printf capablities.  Think I gave enough reproduction
situation for someone with gdb capabilities to take it further.