[ECOS] accept() FreeBSD hangs when out of resources

Andrew Lunn andrew@lunn.ch
Mon Jun 11 22:14:00 GMT 2007

On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 02:15:01PM -0800, Tad wrote:
> accept() won't return and won't timeout (>12hrs) when listen() indicates
> a new connection, if out of sockets/file-descriptors and all TCP
> connections are in ESTABLISHED state.

Where exactly is it blocked. Please could you provide a call stack.
The new fd and socket descriptor appears to be allocated in the fileio
code before the network stack accept function is called. And i don't
see how they can block when out of resources.

> My other FreeBSD bug posts to bugzilla seem to be ignored, so I won't
> bother sending this one there.

The often are, since most of us don't automatically get notification
of there creation and I in particular only poll it once a month or
less.

      Andrew