[ECOS] Re: Waiting I/O operation

cetoni GmbH - Uwe Kindler uwe.kindler@cetoni.de
Thu Jul 19 08:47:00 GMT 2007

Hello Alexey,

In my opinion you should go with the second thread solution. If you use
callbacks, then this callback will be called from the CAN I/O driver in
DSR context. If your thread waits for multiple events then you need to
use flags to signal the received CAN event.

I don't know if it is allowed to use flags from within DSRs but I
believe you can not use them and then also a callback solution would not
solve your problem. Your callback would need to wakup a "service thread"
that would signal the flag to the waiting thread - but then you would
also need two threads.

Or what would you do in this callback to wake up the thead - maybe I
missed something?

Regards, Uwe