[ECOS] Waiting I/O operation

Alexey Shusharin mrfinch@mail.ru
Thu Jul 19 05:58:00 GMT 2007

Hello all,

My eCos application works with CAN I/O driver and has one thread for
processing CAN messages. I call cyg_io_read() and thread start waiting
incoming message. This situation is clear.

However I've decided to add other functionality to the thread therefore
it should wait not only I/O operation (for ex: some event flags). Now I
have these variants:

1. Create a second thread :-(
2. Make non-blocking read with a small time interval :-((
3. Add a callback functionality to CAN I/O driver and wake-up the thread
in callback function then message is coming

I prefer the last but maybe I miss the best? Does anybody have any
decisions?

Best regards
Alexey Shusharin