[ECOS] Running redboot/ecos on OMAP5912 OSK

Patrick Doyle wpdster@gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 13:06:00 GMT 2007

Hello Yasser,
Please continue posting to the list so that everybody can benefit when
I say, "Sorry, I can't help you."  :-) Or, perhaps, K-C Lee will see
your post and offer some suggestions.

On 7/18/07, yasser Nour El-Din <yassernour84@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello patrik,
>
> I have succeeded to put redboot in flash using the flash utility
> program, the problem that i didn't enable diag TTY serial device on
> the configuration.
Great!

> No i want to enable ethernet on redBoot, i read  your message:
> http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2006-02/msg00300.html
>
> and make sure that this line in hal_mmu_init() exists.
>
> And i add the next packages:
>     package -hardware CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_SMSC_LAN91CXX current ;
>     package -hardware CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_ARM_OSK5912 current ;
>     package CYGPKG_IO_ETH_DRIVERS current ;
>
> The CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_ARM_OSK5912  package is the folder of innovator
> ethernet package but move it to devs/eth/arm/osk5912 i changed each
> innovator to OSK5912 in cdl and inl files.
>
> Also i changed the base address in inl file to 0x04800000.
>
> But when i try it, it give me "No network interfaces found" in redboot
> startup message.
>
> I attached the devs_eth_osk5912.inl
>
> Thanks for you help
> Yasser Nour

I never tried to get the ethernet working on the OSK, so I'm afraid I
can't help much here.  Perhaps the somebody else on the list has
gotten it working.  In lieu of that, I would suggest the judicious
application of calls to diag_print(), to see if the initialization
code for the ethernet driver is even being called, and, if it is, what
it is not finding to its liking.

--wpd