[ECOS] Running redboot/ecos on OMAP5912 OSK

Patrick Doyle wpdster@gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 13:11:00 GMT 2007

On 7/15/07, yasser Nour El-Din <yassernour84@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I have an OMAP5912 OSK Version D board and i got a patch and OSK
> related folders and i successfully build redboot with serial I/O
> enabled.
>
> I have now built redboot.bin and i tried to burn it on flash (using
> flash utility program used to burn U-Boot) then  reset but it didn't
> give any output on minicom terminal.
Hello Yasser,
I never tried loading the redboot with the flash utility program --
I've loaded onto OMAP5912 based boards using the built in serial
bootloader.  It's been ages since I used an OSK5912, but there should
be a DIP switch you can set to enable the on board bootloader.  I can
send you some Python scripts I use to load code on OMAP5912's, but if
you're not familiar with Python, it might be overwhelming.

If you have (and are familiar) with a TI emulator, what you can do is
to build an "SRAM" version of RedBoot -- this is a version that has
been designed to run from the 250kBytes of internal SRAM inside the
'5912.  Once that is running, you can use it to erase the flash,
format the flash, and download the ROM (flash) version of RedBoot.

--wpd