[ECOS] Re: Edit FIS directory from within Linux via /dev/mtd ?

Phil Endecott spam_from_ecos_discuss@chezphil.org
Sat Jan 27 14:59:00 GMT 2007

Last week I wrote:
> Dear Redboot experts,
>
> I'm looking for a way to edit the FIS directory from within a Linux
> system that has been loaded by Redboot via the Linux /dev/mtd
> interface.  Ideally I'd like to be able to run "fis create" etc. as
> Linux commands.
>
> Has this been done before?  If not, I may try to implement it.

I didn't get any replies here, so I wrote some code.  It's not based on
the Redboot source, though I did look at the Linux mtd driver's redboot
partition table support code.

For more details, look here:

Please ask me if you have any questions.  I don't plan to stay
subscribed to this list for long so it's probably best to email me directly.

Regards,

Phil.