[ECOS] [Fwd: Re: [ECOS] sntp problems]

Gary Thomas gary@mlbassoc.com
Fri Jan 12 12:29:00 GMT 2007

Laurie Gellatly wrote:
> Couldn't find anyting about the timezone offset.
> Looks like it needs to be added in when the time is adjusted back to 1900.
>
> My other problem with the locking up turns out to be the new impolementation
> of the I2C clock chip
> I'm using and the set_current_time function that calls cyg_drv_dsr_lock.
> Trouble is that the I2C clock is interrupt driven and the cyg_drv_dsr_lock
> prevents the DSR from running.
> I'm using a dallas 1307 variant but I don't see anything in that code that
> tries to address this.
> Does anyone know why cyg_drv_dsr_lock is used in set_current_time?
> Anyone using an interrupt based I2C clock that might have addressed this?

Any piece of code that calls cyg_drv_dsr_lock() and does not provide a
way to call cyg_drv_dsr_unlock() is broken.  If this is the case, it's no
wonder that your system comes to a halt when a NTP update comes in.

The 'set_current_time()' function is not part of eCos, so it's difficult
to analyze this much further.