[ECOS] Why it takes long time to first-time open large file in JFFS2?

wang cui iucgnaw@msn.com
Fri Jan 12 09:14:00 GMT 2007

As I run TFTP server test, I bind the TFTP file ops to the posix file I/O
APIs. Then I can put/get file to/from JFFS2 on my target.

It works fine, but I find every the first-time to "get" a file from TFTP,
it always fails with timeout, and following "get" all success.

I debugged and find the reason. The file I try to "get" is about 700 KB,
when first-time open it, JFFS2 takes long time(about 20 seconds), which
cause TFTP client timeout.
And following open this file takes very short time(I think it is because
JFFS2 buffered the file info into RAM), then TFTP "get" success.
If the file size is small, everything is OK.

So why is JFFS2 so slow? How to configure to make it faster?