[ECOS] dhcp_mgt_stack isn't configurable

Øyvind Harboe oyvind.harboe@zylin.com
Sun Jan 7 15:00:00 GMT 2007

On 1/7/07, Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 28, 2006 at 04:09:43PM +0100, ?yvind Harboe wrote:
> > Shouldn't this stack size be configurable?
> >
> > With CYGDBG_IO_ETH_DRIVERS_DEBUG_VERBOSITY=10, diag_printf() makes it
> > overflow on my rocket(AT91EB40a w/ethermac) so I increased it by
> > 0x1000 and things work fine + eCos no longer detects stack problems
> > via it's diagnostic code.
>
> This patch makes the stack size configurable.

Thanks!

I'm not sure but I believe there is another thread for networking that
needs the same patch.

Hmmm....

How about making the default stack size value add some extra
diag_printf() safety margin if ethernet verbose is >0?

Or perhaps a new option to increase stack sizes for *all* threads in
the system to include enough for diag_printf()/other debug code?

Or rewrite diag_printf() not to  use the thread stack...

Hmmm... diag_printf() can be called from ISR/DSRs also so considering
thread stack sizes is not sufficient...

--
Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com