[ECOS] Problems building host infrastructure in MinGW

David Fernandez david.fernandez@trafficmaster.co.uk
Tue Feb 13 09:13:00 GMT 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: Bart Veer [mailto:bartv@ecoscentric.com]
writes:

    David> May be MinGW is not completely supported. Anyway, if
    David> anybody sees an obvious cause easy to fix let me now:

    David> When building in windows with MSYS+MinGW 5.1.3 the last
    David> snapshot of the ecosconfig, I've got the following:

    <snip>

Building the eCos host-side tools under mingw is not really supported
at present. The makefiles currently generated assume a cygwin version
of make, cygwin mount points, etc. If those tools have to be cygwin
ones, it is reasonable to require that ecosconfig be a cygwin build as
well.

Pity, I've got the ecosconfig utility working there, but configtool
definitely gives problems.

Regarding Cygwin: Why isn't the Andy Jackson's patch to configtool
makefile mentioned in the ecoscentric or the eCos home page? (see the
attached mail)

It solved my configtool compiling problems in cygwin...

David Fernandez

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.