[ECOS] EMAC at91 support package

Andrea Visinoni andrea@puntualmenteinritardo.com
Thu Feb 8 17:19:00 GMT 2007

Andrew Lunn ha scritto:
> On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 02:04:49PM +0100, Uwe Kindler wrote:
>> Hell Andrew,
>>
>> as far as I understand the patch of John Eigelaar in his message
>>
>> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-patches/2007-01/msg00067.html
>>
>> he contributed a complete AT91 EMAC driver. What is the reason for not
>> contributing his patch to CVS?
>
> Because i didn't know it existed. He said he had problems posting
> it. It looks like it made it to the archive, but i don't remember
> getting a copy in my mailbox.
>
>> Maybe I can help to fix this problem
>> because I work with the Olimex SAM7X board.
>
> I just had an extremely quick look at it. It looks mostly O.K. A lot
> of it is still my code, so i cannot complain too much :-) There are a
> few TODO comments that would be nice to look at. Also i think the
> can_send() function could be improved. The buffering should allow
> multiple packets to the queues ready to be sent. I think the current
> code will only allow one packet queued.
>
> I will try to take a closer look this evening, otherwise it will
> probably be early next week.
>
> And apologies and thanks to John.
>
>     Andrew

Hi all,
today i've tryied the path supplied by John Eigelaar and even another
patch by john (thank you again) on ecos.db to make ethernet support
package visible inside configtool.
It works like a charm, and tomorrow i'm going to improve throughput
performance, that is what i really need (any hint on this? on freertos
i've reach 1mbps max, and i need olso about 30-35k ram free).
Thanks to John Eigelaar and Andrew Lunn for support on this board.
Andrea