[ECOS] Option to generate checksum in hardware

Laurie Gellatly laurie.gellatly@netic.com
Wed Dec 19 11:25:00 GMT 2007

Hi All,
If an ethernet controller chip can generate checksums for incoming/outgoing
IP/TCP/UDP packets in hardware, is there any eCos option for the freeBSD
stack that could take advantage of this and offload the processing to the
controller?
>From what I've read my Ethernet throughput would be drastically improved.
I've had a brief look through the code but can't find such an option.
Has anyone already done this modification or offer any comments?

Merry Christmas			...Laurie:{)