[ECOS] timer alarm or any timer in Redboot

Andrew Lunn andrew@lunn.ch
Wed Aug 29 12:53:00 GMT 2007

> Does Redboot support an alarm timer, or any timer for that matter,
> that I can use to toggle a LED while Redboot is booting?
> I'm not asking about the delay timer, I need an asynchronous timer.

Interrupts are not running, you don't have a kernel. So no.

The nearest you have is that Redboot has a poll loop. When redboot has
nothing to do, it calls do_idle() which calls a list of idle
functions. You could hook this and blink your LED. But by the time
this is being called, booting is over. Redboot is running.

           Andrew