[ECOS] Pipes in eCos

Richard Pennington rich@pennware.com
Fri Apr 27 11:24:00 GMT 2007

Andrew Lunn wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 02:24:39PM +0530, Venkateswara Rao L. wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> 	It seams eCos does not support pipes, is there anything
>> equivalent to that?
>
> Take a look at the thread:
>
> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/ecos-patches/2004-12/msg00034.html
>
> It was decided not to include it because it does not really follow the
> eCos way of doing things, but that should not stop you from using it
> is you want.
>
>    Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Out of curiosity, how does that pipe/pty implementation fall short for
eCos? I've been thinking of using it to get a select()-able file
descriptor for inter-thread communication.

Are there improvements that could be made to make it fit into eCos
better? I'd be willing to give it a try. Otherwise I'll just use my
version quietly.

-Rich