[ECOS] Problem with Hello world

Andrew Lunn andrew@lunn.ch
Mon Apr 23 14:48:00 GMT 2007

On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 04:30:17PM +0200, David LONY wrote:
> Andrew Lunn a ?crit :
> >>>

> >>Because my environment is Windows and I want to compile eCos under
> >>Cygwin (with the Linux Synthetic target)
> >>

> >So you need to build a cross compiler, since the cynwin tools are
> >going to produce a MS binary which is not going to run on Linux.
> >You need a Linux toolchain which runs on cygwin.
> >
> >http://metamod-p.sourceforge.net/cross-compiling.on.windows.for.linux.html
> >

> I don't want to cross compile for Linux. I want to compile eCos under
> Cygwin.

You said you wanted to compile the Linux Synthetic Target on Cygwin.
As the name suggests, this is for Linux. So if you want to build it on
Cygwin, you will need to cross compile it. This is very unusual, which
is why i originally asked why you wanted to do this. The way this
conversation is going makes me think you miss understand what the
Linux synthetic target is. It allows you to run eCos on top of linux
instead of on real hardware. It will only work on Linux. It will not
work on cygwin. There is no cygwin synthetic target. There is no M$
Windows Synthetic target. So if you want to run a synthetic version of
eCos on top of another operating system, it currently has to be Linux.

     Andrew