[ECOS] powerpc.ld question

Will Wagner will_wagner@carallon.com
Fri Apr 20 12:15:00 GMT 2007

>> Could well be an issue with the gcc I am using, however ld should not
>> fail with an internal error either. Have been in touch with binutils
>> developers and they suggested to try the head version of ld.
>
> What's your host?  I've *never* seen any of these behaviours on Linux.

Sadly I'm stuck on cywin which I'm sure could be causing some problems.
Am also using an eCosCentric version to get C++ exception support which
also may be the issue, however am sadly long out of our support period,
so having to go it alone ;)

>> My powerpc.ld file does contain .eh_frame:
>>
>> #define SECTION_eh_frame(_region_, _vma_, _lma_)      \
>>   .eh_frame _vma_ : _lma_                             \
>>     {                                                 \
>>        FORCE_OUTPUT;  __EH_FRAME_BEGIN__ = .;         \
>>        KEEP(*(.eh_frame))                             \
>>        __FRAME_END__ = .;                             \
>>        . = . + 8;                                     \
>>     } > _region_ = 0
>>
>> But no mention of .eh_frame_hdr. Should I add it to that KEEP
>> directive? Wasn't sure if it should be there or in the text section.
>
> This is not the same setup - try using the version from CVS (attached)
> Note: the last time it was changed was 2003-04-10, so you must be
> working with some *vintage* code :-)

Stupidly didn't think of looking at what was in current CVS. Have made a
version of that file with the eCosCentric __EH_FRAME_BEGIN__ haced in
and it links time to test whether it works.

Thanks for your help,

Will

Will Wagner                                     will_wagner@carallon.com
Senior Project Engineer                        Office Tel: 0207 371 2032
Carallon Ltd, Studio G20, Shepherds Building, Rockley Rd, London W14 0DA