[ECOS] Making eCos Configuration Tool on FreeBSD 6.1

Andrew Lunn andrew@lunn.ch
Sun Sep 24 07:05:00 GMT 2006

On Sat, Sep 23, 2006 at 10:51:47PM -0700, Jack Twilley wrote:
> So I'm trying to build the eCos configuration tool on my FreeBSD 6.1
> system and I'm running into some interesting issues.  It seems like the
> entire tcl/Tk detection system is either ancient, broken, or not written
> to take into account how FreeBSD stores stuff.
>
> Is it worth my time to change configure.in to support FreeBSD?  Or are
> there other similar issues littered through the code?  Please tell me I
> am not tilting at windmills expecting this to work.  Thanks!

Could you be a bit more specific?

We know that the autodetection does not always work. As it says in
README.host on some systems its necassary to pass something like
--with-tcl=/usr/ -with-tcl-version=8.4 to get it to build. I need this
for my Debain system. However once this is done ecosconfig compiles
without problems.

I also remember somebody else is using FreeBSD for the host. Maybe
there is some useful information in the email archives?

Also, a quick google found me:

http://www.freshports.org/devel/ecos-tools/

It looks rather old, but not much has changed in the config tools
lately.

        Andrew