[ECOS] Re: Port eCos Redboot Olimex LPC2294 to Embest LPCEB200

Sergei Gavrikov sg@sgs.gomel.by
Sat Sep 16 09:30:00 GMT 2006

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006, Miklos.Pflancer@dBResearch.co.uk wrote:

> Hi Sergei ,
>
> I fixed the previous problem however redboot stiil does not
> work.
>
> My board only has 256*16k external ram so I changed the
> linker script ot reflect this (target.ld and the rom.ldi file
>
> I have edited the hal_platform_setup registers BCFG0,1
> and PINSEL2 for my board, removed ethernet setup as my
> board does not have ethernet (BCFG2)
>
> I have edited the mlt_arm_lpc2xxxxolpce2294_rom.h
> for my ram size
>
> I have changed the clock and pll multiplier using the
> configtool for my board
>
> Are there any other changes that I need to make?
>

> Miklos Pflancer

Hello Miklos,

at first, I desire to ask you, Are you able to run any eCos application
(no RedBoot yet) in ROM with your own HAL? I.e., are those minimal
(hal/infra) eCos tests able to run in ROM?

Try it in bash:

<pre>
 	ecosconfig new <your target name> minimal

 	cat >minrom.ecm<<__eof
 	cdl_component CYG_HAL_STARTUP {user_value ROM};
 	__eof

 	ecosconfig import minrom.ecm
 	ecosconfig resolve
 	ecosconfig tree

 	make
 	make tests
</pre>

There shoud be 4 tests (it's main is to check HAL basics)

<pre>
 	install/tests/hal/
 	`-- common
 	    `-- current