[ECOS] Re: Scheduler lock in Doug Lea's malloc implementation - be real careful

Sergei Organov osv@javad.com
Mon Sep 11 11:11:00 GMT 2006

bob.koninckx@o-3s.com writes:
[...]

> Any comments ? Am I making a fundamental reasoning error here ? If
> not, I am going to try to change the implementation and see if it
> solves our problem and propose a patch.

I believe mutex is better choice for protection of the allocator. The
mutex code indeed disables scheduler, but for very short (and
deterministic) periods of time compared to the time required for
malloc(), so using mutex instead of scheduler lock should solve the
problem.

--
Sergei.