[ECOS] JFFS2 Access and interrupts

Andrew Lunn andrew@lunn.ch
Fri Sep 8 08:43:00 GMT 2006

>   1) I do not know too much about jffs2 internals (I leave that to
>      others) but I suspect that there is enough locking within jffs2
>      to prevent two threads from accessing the flash h/w concurrently
>      while performing file I/O.

I don't know JFFS2 too well either, but im sure with a single
filesystem, it will serialise access to the flash. When there are
multiple filesystems mounted from the same flash i've no idea if
simultanious access to different filesystems are serialised. It could
be than in the Linux world the MTD layer sorts this out?

   Andrew