[ECOS] Multiple code images in flash

Laurie Gellatly laurie.gellatly@netic.com
Tue Sep 5 00:53:00 GMT 2006

Hi All,
I am developing an ARM based system that has room in flash for maybe 3
copies of its code.
There is insufficient room in RAM for a copy of the code to run so the app
must run from flash.
I'd like to provide a system that can support downloadable firmware updates.

I believe that the app code is position dependant so although I could have
copies at different flash locations it becomes messy to maintain.

I'm interested in hearing how others have solved this problem.

Also, I gather that I'll need to run any flash programming from RAM rather
than from an unaffected section of flash.
I'm interested in hearing how this affects and is catered for in the
solution.

Thanks			...Laurie:{)