[ECOS] CDL error: "Attempt to divide non-numerical values"

Dan Jakubiec dan.jakubiec@systech.com
Tue Oct 24 19:30:00 GMT 2006

I'm in the process of trying to upgrade our eCos sources to a more
recent version (snapshot from 2006-10-18).  After merging in all the
changes and attempting to create an ECC file via ecosconfig, I'm running
into the follow errors:

    C CYGPKG_NET_MEMPOOL_SIZE, CYGPKG_NET_MEMPOOL_SIZE, property
    DefaultValue
      Error while evaluation expression: Attempt to divide non-numerical
    values: `3*1024*1024' / `4'.
      Expression: CYGPKG_NET_MEM_USAGE/4
    C CYGPKG_NET_MBUFS_SIZE, CYGPKG_NET_MBUFS_SIZE, property DefaultValue
      Error while evaluation expression: Attempt to divide non-numerical
    values: `3*1024*1024' / `4'.
      Expression: CYGPKG_NET_MEM_USAGE/4
    C CYGPKG_NET_CLUSTERS_SIZE, CYGPKG_NET_CLUSTERS_SIZE, property
    DefaultValue
      Error while evaluation expression: Attempt to divide non-numerical
    values: `3*1024*1024' / `2'.
      Expression: CYGPKG_NET_MEM_USAGE/2

I thought this might be due to my older ecosconfig tool, but I just
rebuilt my ecosconfig tool using the 2006-10-18 snapshot and I get the
same problem.  I'm continuing to dig into this but was wondering if
anyone knew the solution already?

Here is some of the pertinent CDL:

        cdl_option CYGPKG_NET_MEM_USAGE {
            display "Memory designated for networking buffers."
            flavor  data
            default_value (256*1024)+(CYGPKG_NET_MAXSOCKETS*1024)
            description   "
                This option controls the amount of memory pre-allocated
            for buffers used by the networking code.  The number is an
            upper limit, with at least enough space to get the stack
            initialized. Tip: setting a breakpoint at
    cyg_memalloc_alloc_fail()
        is an especially useful tool in establishing when there is too
            little memory for an application. "
        }

        cdl_option CYGPKG_NET_MEMPOOL_SIZE {
            display "Memory designated for network dynamically allocated
    memory"
            flavor  data
            default_value CYGPKG_NET_MEM_USAGE/4
            description   "
                Controls the amount of memory in the pool used for
    dynamically
                allocated memory. This does not include mbufs or clusters."
        }

        cdl_option CYGPKG_NET_MBUFS_SIZE {
            display "MBUFs memory size"
            flavor  data