[ECOS] Redboot hanging after "go" command

Sergei Gavrikov sg@sgs.gomel.by
Tue Oct 24 18:51:00 GMT 2006

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006, Sridhar k wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Am trying to load a simple hello world program after loading the
> Redboot image into my LPCE2214 target(host is windows/cygwin).
> The redboot image seems to be working fine.am able to ping the board
> from the host and also i can ping the host from the target board
> (from redboot prompt in terminal app). And here are the some redboot
> command outputs for ref..

Does your target contain Ethernet controller? You did point out on a
success with a ping. With ethernet connection, you are able to load a
program code using a TFTP protocol. It's more fast way to upload a code.

> Platform: Olimex LPC-E2294 development board (ARM7TDMI)

Did you build own packages carefully? This header points out on other
target, perhaps you use the 'foreinger' RedBoot image for your target.
Did you check (revise) the LPC-E2294 mlt/startup things for own target
board? Has LPC-E2214 board same hardware parts as LPC-E2294 board?

> $ arm-elf-size hello.srec
>  text    data     bss     dec     hex filename
>     0      52       0      52      34 hello.srec

It's a bit strange output.  These are usual outputs for that `hello'
program (LPC-E2294 target):

<pre><code>

$ arm-elf-size -B hello.srec
       0   33012       0   33012    80f4 hello.srec

$ arm-elf-size -Ax hello.srec
hello.srec  :
section     size         addr
.sec1   0x80f4   0x81010000
Total   0x80f4

</code></pre>

> after loading this when i give "go" command its hanging..its coming
> out of this hang state only if i reset the target.
> Please correct me if am doing any thing wrong.Please suggest.

It's possible that isn't hang. Just you could see no output. Try to wrap
the greeting line by the LED toggling. Turn off diag MANGLER too, if you
don't use GDB. This should work (chdir somewhere and try it in Cygwin's
bash):

<pre><code>

ecosconfig new olpce2294 ;# Set own target name!
cat >nomangler.ecm<<__eof
cdl_option CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR {inferred_value 0 0}
cdl_option CYGSEM_HAL_DIAG_MANGLER {user_value None}
__eof
ecosconfig import nomangler.ecm
ecosconfig resolve
ecosconfig tree
make
mkdir hello
cd hello
cat >hello.c<<__eof
main(){printf("hello, world!\n");}
__eof
DST=hello SRCS=hello.c $ECOS_REPOSITORY/../examples/build_Makefile ..
make
arm-elf-objcopy -O srec hello hello.srec

</code></pre>

--Sergei