[ECOS] jffs2 creat file error

Jürgen Lambrecht J.Lambrecht@televic.com
Fri Oct 20 13:02:00 GMT 2006

Gary Thomas wrote:

>> And for ARM platforms, there is a bug in gcc that prevents to solve
>> the magic bitmask problem when noticed. With that bug solved, the
>> first time you get all those errors printed, but they are solved by
>> writing the correct magic bitmask.
>>
>> /*         struct jffs2_unknown_node marker = { */
>> /*             .magic =    cpu_to_je16(JFFS2_MAGIC_BITMASK), */
>> /*             .nodetype =    cpu_to_je16(JFFS2_NODETYPE_CLEANMARKER), */
>> /*             .totlen =    cpu_to_je32(c->cleanmarker_size) */
>> /*         }; */
>> /* patch from 2003-08-04  <Øyvind Harboe <oyvind.harboe@zylin.com>
>> because of
>>    broken arm-elf-gcc 3.2.1
>>    http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-patches/2003-08/msg00006.html */
>>         struct jffs2_unknown_node marker;
>>         memset(&marker, 0, sizeof(marker));
>>         marker.magic =    cpu_to_je16(JFFS2_MAGIC_BITMASK);
>>         marker.nodetype =    cpu_to_je16(JFFS2_NODETYPE_CLEANMARKER);
>>         marker.totlen =    cpu_to_je32(c->cleanmarker_size);
>

> There's a test for ARM GCC 3.2.x that's supposed to catch this.  Is it
> actually broken in other versions as well?

I have seen in the source code the check for the ARM gcc 3.2.x compiler, but it does not catch it: the ecos and application compiles succeed.
Or should it give a warning? (then I never noticed it)

I have arm-elf-gcc v3.2.1.
At Mind, if I remember well they have arm-elf-gcc v3.2.2, and this version is not broken.

Kind regards,

Jürgen Lambrecht
Development Engineer
Televic Transport Systems