[ECOS] building eCos on WinXP with different toolset?

tmm tmm@fastmail.fm
Wed Oct 18 17:14:00 GMT 2006

Andrew Lunn wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 03:07:48PM -0400, tmm wrote:
>
>> Yes, they use the GNU binutils.
>>
>> The CS toolchain has some ARM specific features that we need:
>> http://www.codesourcery.com/gnu_toolchains/arm/
>> Including link compatibility with the ARM Realview tools.
>>

> Err, so ARM RealView does not support standard compliant ELF/dwarf2?
>
> Well it looks like its just gcc 4.1.0. Why not just not build gcc
> 4.1.0 in cygwin?
>
>       Andrew

Andrew,

I see that a Cygwin GCC 4.1.0 for ARM is available precompiled at
gnuarm.com.

I don't think this will help though.  Here is a quote from an ARM
document, available at
http://www.arm.com/pdfs/DUI0155E_rvi_user_guide.pdf (November 2005).

"The CodeSourcery GNU Toolchain for ARM processors commands are prefixed
with arm-none-eabi-, for example arm-none-eabi-gcc.  This toolchain is
compliant with the Application Binary Interface (ABI) for the ARM
Architecture (base standard) [BSABI].

The GNU ARM toolchain commands are prefixed with arm-elf- for Windows
and arm-linux- for Red Hat Linux. For example, arm-elf-gcc and
arm-linux-gcc. This toolchain is not compliant with the ABI for the ARM
Architecture.

Tom.