[ECOS] FreeBSD Netstack EPIPE error

Hans Hübner hans.huebner@junger-audio.com
Tue Oct 10 15:22:00 GMT 2006

On 10/10/06, Bell, Andrew [Allen & Heath UK]
<Andrew.Bell@allen-heath.com> wrote:
> The connection is dropped by the Java side; after repeated packets are
> not acknowledged by the eCos host, followed by the eCos netstack xmiting
> an out of order segment, the Java protocol stack appears to wind back to
> the last packed with a sequence number the two hosts agreed on and
> resends it. After a couple more attempts the Java netstack gives up and
> drops the connection.

I have seen similar behavior with our web server, but so far we have
ignored the issue as we are using HTTP and could get away with
occasional connection loss.  This is changing, though, and we are very
interested in fixing this - I plan to spend time on this issue in the
next few weeks.  If you have any additional information on this issue,
I´d be very glad if you could share your findings.

Thanks,
Hans