[ECOS] problems with cdl and legal_values

Gary Thomas gary@mlbassoc.com
Fri Oct 6 13:06:00 GMT 2006

Michele Paselli wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm writing a driver for a radio module and I want to set with
> configtool some static configuration parameters that I don't need to
> change at run-time. I had a look as usual at the serial driver to see
> how it implements options (e.g. baudrate) and then I wrote my own code
> that I report below:
>
> cdl_option WIS_RADIO_DEFAULT_PHYRATE {
> 	        display "PHY data rate"
> 	    	flavor  data
> 	    	legal_values { "53_3" 80 "106_7" 160 200 320 400 480 }
> 	    	default_value {"53_3"}
> 	    	description  "
> 	        	PHY data rate."
> 	    }
>
> cdl_option WIS_RADIO_DEFAULT_TXPWR {
> 	        display "TX power level"
> 	    	flavor  data
> 	    	legal_values 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
> 	    	default_value 0
> 	    	description  "
> 	        	TX power level."
> 	    }
>
> cdl_option WIS_RADIO_DEFAULT_TFC {
> 	        display "Time Frequency code"
> 	    	flavor  data
> 	    	legal_values 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
> 	    	default_value 1
> 	    	description  "
> 	        	Time Frequency code."
> 	    }
>
> The problem is that when I start configtool and I try to change the
> value of one parameter with the pull-down option menu I get the message
> "There's one unresolved conflict, make the change anyway?" and if I
> change it in the conflict window I get a illegal value conflict. I
> tried the same thing changing the baud rate in the serial driver and I
> get the same message so maybe the problem is not in my code. Any
> suggestions? Thanks.

Try making the legal values for WIS_RADIO_DEFAULT_PHYRATE all strings.
I'm not sure the CDL likes mixing strings and numbers, or maybe it's
just the configtool?  Can you set the value manually (in ecos.ecc) and
run 'ecosconfig check'?