[ECOS] Select and Sockets

Andy Atkinson andya@hydrix.com
Fri Oct 6 08:16:00 GMT 2006

Hi,

I am a bit baffled by what I am seeing with regards using select on a
socket.

I am using a socket stream to download a file from a remote server. To
implement a timeout for reading I am using select on the socket
descriptor. All is going well (downloading lots of data) when suddenly
select starts telling me that their is data to read on the socket, but a
call to ioctl with FIONREAD tells me that there is in fact no data
available for reading. Can anyone please explain why this is so?

Regards

Andy Atkinson.