[ECOS] Making eCos Configuration Tool on FreeBSD 6.1

Bart Veer bartv@ecoscentric.com
Sun Oct 1 16:03:00 GMT 2006

    >>> How do I make the ecos-tool use gmake instead of make?
    >>
    >> I'm not sure how to force this.
    >>
    >> Why not just build GNU make and install it as 'make' at the
    >> front of your path?

    Jack> I already have GNU make built as 'gmake'. This system does a
    Jack> lot of other stuff besides build eCos and I don't want to
    Jack> break other things to accommodate this tool.

A fairly easy workaround would be to start the configtool from a shell
script which prepends a directory to your PATH. That directory would
contain a symbolic link from make to the gmake executable.

Bart

--
Bart Veer                       eCos Configuration Architect