[ECOS] order of calling for static initializers

Tom Malcolmson Tom@Malcolmson.com
Mon Nov 27 21:22:00 GMT 2006

The '#define' statements that control the order in which statics get
called at startup (as defined in cyg_type.h) looks reasonable to me:

#define CYG_INIT_HAL                    10000
#define CYG_INIT_SCHEDULER              11000
#define CYG_INIT_INTERRUPTS             12000
#define CYG_INIT_DRIVERS                13000
#define CYG_INIT_CLOCK                  14000
#define CYG_INIT_IDLE_THREAD            15000
etc.

The list is populated in the linker script with SORT.  Fine.  But the
code that calls them (for the platforms I looked at) goes thru the list
in reverse order.

So, in my code, the idle thread gets initialized before the scheduler.
This means that set_idle_thread sets the idle thread in the scheduler,
but then this gets lost when the scheduler initializes.  This must be wrong.

I am using a different compiler (Code Sorcery) and had to compensate
accordingly, so my problem probably starts there, but I don't understand
what I am doing wrong.  It looks like things are being initialized in
the reverse order on purpose.  I tried simply reversing the order in
which things were called, but that caused other problems.

Thanks,
Tom.