[ECOS] problem about interrupt end

Nick Garnett nickg@ecoscentric.com
Thu Nov 23 09:43:00 GMT 2006

"jiang jet" <jetjiang@hotmail.com> writes:

> thank you for answering my question...
> I trace the interrupt progress, and I found the number is changed when
> the code is going from assembly code to c code(call isr through
> hal_interrupt_handlers)..
> it's the first time for timer to interrupt and then the program breaks
> down..
> do you mean there are some other interrupts or the same intererupts
> happened during this period(from system bootup to the time of the
> first timer interrupt happening)?

It may be the same interrupt happening again. If the interrupt
condition has not been cancelled, it is possible for the interrupt to
be re-delivered as soon as interrupts are re-enabled. If this is
before the stack has been totally unwound, then it will chew its way
down the stack and on into other data.

Note that this is only a suggestion, I have no idea whether this is
what is actually happening in your case.

> and I adjust the stack size ,but it seems it doesn't work :(

It is unlikely that this will have any effect, the stack corruption
will chew up any size of stack very quickly.

--
Nick Garnett                                     eCos Kernel Architect
http://www.ecoscentric.com                The eCos and RedBoot experts