[ECOS] Red Hat and FSF Copyrights

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Wed Nov 22 18:29:00 GMT 2006

Andy Jackson wrote:
> Whilst browsing through old posts, I came across this one - what is the
> current situation, as I don't recall hearing anything recently?

Unfortunately there have been difficulties with arranging a copyright
assignment contract from eCosCentric to the FSF so "transferred shortly"
was evidently optimistic :-|. The ball is at present in their court, but, I
suspect due to many legal activities and GPLv3, their legal department's
workload appears to be quite heavy since the turnaround has been slower
than expected (being diplomatic I won't go into detail).

I have been actively pursuing this and am continuing to do so. In saying
that, it's probably about time for me to ping them again anyway.