[ECOS] IDE, FAT, and VMWare

Donald Walton dwalton@dramail.com
Wed Nov 22 12:07:00 GMT 2006

Thanks, Peter and Andrew.  I really appreciate the quick response.

The problem was the wrong hard disk format.  I recreated the partition
on the hard disk.  Following that, I used the mkdosfs command and
created a FAT32 file system.  I was able to write to the virtual drive
without a problem.  VMWare is proving to be a great aid in developing an
eCos application when the target hardware isn't available.

It's amazing how the little things can trip you up.

Thanks again for your support.

Sincerely,
Don Walton