[ECOS] Re: Possible error in IDE code.....

Gary Thomas gary@mlbassoc.com
Fri Nov 17 19:37:00 GMT 2006

Note: this belongs on the general discussion list (cc'd).  The
maintainers list is for questions about [legal] maintenance of
the code base.

Donald Walton wrote:
> In adding IDE support to my application, the software was not able to
> read the MBR properly.  It would read one byte and the rest of the
> buffer would be zeroes.
>
> I tracked the problem to file - ide_disk.c, version 1.3, function -
> ide_read_sector.  One of the parameters passed in is len.  It unclear
> whether this is the buffer length or number of sectors to be read.
> However, a value of 1 is passed in for the length and only one byte is
> read.
>
> Correcting the problem is not a big deal but I would like to know
> whether you meant for the length to be sector count or byte count.

Do you have a correction?  Can you send a patch?
Where is this function called incorrectly?