[ECOS] Re: FreeBSD still lacking bridge support?

Grant Edwards grante@visi.com
Fri Nov 17 15:13:00 GMT 2006

>> I added the bridging support to the OpenBSD stack. I think it
>> took me about a day. In fact the hardest part was the
>> "userspace" tool to setup the bridge and show the tables. This
>> had lots of memory leaks since it was written to run in a
>> process environment with a cleanup on exit.
>>
>> I would not expect a huge effort to make it work, but i've not
>> looked at the code...
>
> It would be great if this was done - we could totally
> deprecate the older OpenBSD stack :-)

I suspect we're going to give this a go sometime in the next
month or two, since It'll save us the cost of a 3-port Ethernet
switch.  We're certainly counting on being able to merge it
into the official source tree...

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Everybody gets free
                                  at               BORSCHT!