[ECOS] Build tree generation

Sergei Gavrikov sg@sgs.gomel.by
Fri Nov 10 13:53:00 GMT 2006

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006, Meiring, H, Mnr <meiring@sun.ac.za> wrote:

> Hi,
> According to me the build tree command in the GUI ecosconfig tool main tasks is to generate the needed header and make files required to build ecos as are described in the *.cdl files. I know that the same end result can be obtained by using the command line as follows:
>
> $ ecosconfig new <targetname>
> $ ecosconfig tree
> $ make
>
> I want to know in which order the cdl files are processed, or what exactly happens in the $ ecosconfig tree command(I only have the binary), it have to start at a point and end at another. Any advice  on this matter will be welcome.

If you need in the eCos' host stuffs (there are `ecosconig' sources
there), just chdir somewhere and run this

cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@ecos.sourceware.org:/cvs/ecos co -P ecos-host

and to obtain a whole eCos world (it's more better ;)

cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@ecos.sourceware.org:/cvs/ecos co -P ecos ecos-host

--Sergei