[ECOS] Error : Stack size too small

Siva Kumar sivakumarjr@gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 14:31:00 GMT 2006

Hi,
I'm working with a July 2006 CVS snapshot of ecos.
My Free BSD configuration is working fine. But when I enabled, SMP [4
processors], this is the output that I get for any test or even for a
simple hello sample :

ASSERT FAIL: <FFFF>thread.inl[188]void
Cyg_HardwareThread::attach_stack() Stack size too small
ASSERT FAIL: <FFFF>thread.inl          [ 188] void
Cyg_HardwareThread::attach_stack()
                         Stack size too small

Which stack actually is giving the problem? The problem occurs during
the calling of constructors [Cyg_Thread class] and it looks like the
idle thread that is being constructed.

My interrupt stack size is 0x1000 [no nesting].
CYGNUM_LIBC_MAIN_DEFAULT_STACK_SIZE is set to 0x2000.
Idle thread's stack size is 0x800 which I tried increasing upto 0x2000
but it didn't solve the problem.

Anybody has any idea?