[ECOS] Re: Problems with "Scheduler lock not zero"

Øyvind Harboe oyvind.harboe@zylin.com
Wed Nov 8 07:08:00 GMT 2006

On 11/7/06, Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
> I think it is unlikley this is your problem, but i will mention it
> anyway. I once had an assertion failure in the same place. It was
> caused by a thread exiting with the scheduler locked.

Given that I'm running the dhcp_test from eCos, I'd be *really*
surprised to learn that that code had this bug.  I'll check if any
threads are exiting at all during the ping test.

> Another thing to check is do you have an spurious interrupts. There
> has been problems on the ARM platform not correctly dealing with
> this. Since spurious interrupts generally means broken hardware, its
> not the easiest thing to test and debug.

We're developing the hardware ourselves(the opencores ethermarc), so
this is a very valuable clue. Thanks!

--
Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com