[ECOS] Re: Limit region of flash used by RedBoot for FIS?

Gary Thomas gary@mlbassoc.com
Mon Nov 6 14:40:00 GMT 2006

Grant Edwards wrote:
>>> Upon examination of RedBoot's FIS code, it appears that it will
>>> always use all of flash for FIS (after reserving a portion for
>>> RedBoot+config as required). Would the maintainers be willing
>>> to entertain an FIS package option that could be used to limit
>>> the region of flash used?
>> Yes, there are CDL options that say where to put things.
>> These can easily be adjusted to leave the top 1MB alone, etc.
>
> Thanks.
>
> I found CYGNUM_REDBOOT_FLASH_RESERVED_BASE which specifies a
> reserved area that the bottom of flash, but I can't find a CDL
> option that reserves space at the top of flash.  Care to give
> me a hint?

CYGNUM_REDBOOT_FIS_DIRECTORY_BLOCK - default value is (-1) which
puts the FIS directory in the last erase block of the device.
Just set it to -(N+1), where N is the number of erase blocks that
you don't want RedBoot to touch.