[ECOS] error: no memory region specified for loadable '.ram_vectors'

Agus Ariffianto aariffianto@s.ee.itb.ac.id
Tue May 30 13:02:00 GMT 2006

>> My questions are:
>>
>> 1. Why message: "...hello.bin": not in executable format: File format not
>> recognized." turn up?
>

> gdb wants the elf file, not the binary you produced.
>
>> 2. How to create 'the executable file'? I was successfully created ecos
>> bootable disk (run in PC, showing hello ecos). I enter command (in cygwin
>> environment):
>>
>>    [cygwin-agus]$ dd conv=sync if=hello.bin of=/dev/fd0
>>
>>    What should I do to produce the same executable (or bootable <?>)
>> file?
>
> How do you intend to get the image onto the system? Does it have a
> floppy and a BIOS to boot it? Are you going to burn it into an EEPROM?
> Do you have a JTAG interface to load the program into RAM?
>
>   Andrew

Then I use target board (Alter Stratix S40). First of all I load LEON into
the board (via JTAG), then I load hello.out (via serial). Here is the
result:

Agus@aariffianto /opt/grmon-eval-1.1.3/win32/ecos/project-ecos
$ ../../grmon-eval.exe -u -uart COM8

 GRMON LEON debug monitor v1.1.3 (evaluation version)

 Copyright (C) 2004,2005 Gaisler Research - all rights reserved.
 For latest updates, go to http://www.gaisler.com/
 Comments or bug-reports to support@gaisler.com

 This evaluation version will expire on 8/2/2006
try open device COM8
###opened device COM8

 GRLIB plug&play not found, switching to LEON2 legacy mode

 initialising ..........
 detected frequency:  50 MHz

 Component                            Vendor
 LEON2 Memory Controller              European Space Agency
 LEON2 SPARC V8 processor             European Space Agency
 LEON2 Configuration register         European Space Agency
 LEON2 Timer Unit                     European Space Agency
 LEON2 UART                           European Space Agency
 LEON2 UART                           European Space Agency
 LEON2 Interrupt Ctrl                 European Space Agency
 LEON2 I/O port                       European Space Agency
 AHB Debug UART                       Gaisler Research
 LEON2 Debug Support Unit             Gaisler Research

 Use command 'info sys' to print a detailed report of attached cores

grmon> load hello.out
section: .rom_vectors at 0x40000000, size 4864 bytes
section: .text at 0x40001300, size 63996 bytes
section: .rodata at 0x40010cfc, size 804 bytes
section: .data at 0x40011020, size 1168 bytes
total size: 70832 bytes (30.7 kbit/s)
read 406 symbols
entry point: 0x40001300
grmon> run
IU in error mode (tt = 0x07)
 400077bc  d0026010   ld  [%o1 + 0x10], %o0
grmon>

1. Is the error appear because of warning message which turn up when I
compile the source using ecos-configtool?
2. What should I do?
Thank you very much.

Regards,
Agus