[ECOS] Hard-Realtime behaviour

Fabian Scheler fabian.scheler@gmail.com
Mon May 29 16:26:00 GMT 2006

> IFAIK a "Hard" real-time OS is an Operting System in which the worst-case
> execution time of the system calls is either known beforehand or
> computable based on the how the application is configured (aka no. of
> threads, no. of interrupting sources, their periodicity) etc.. but I have
> not been successful.

you have not been successful regarding what? - to show that all parts
of the kernel API have deterministic behaviour or are suitable for a
use in hard real-time systems? Which ones? Maybe you should restrict
the usage of the kernel API to achive hard real-time compliance (e.g.
abstaining the processor voluntarily makes the analysis of any
real-time system nasty!!) ?

Ciao, Fabian