[ECOS] FILE I/O for eCos PowerPC Simulator

Luis Friedrich fernando@inf.ufsc.br
Tue May 16 20:30:00 GMT 2006

Hi

We are trying to run some benchmarks (MediaBench, MiBench) on the eCos
PowerPC simulator with  no success. Our first attempt was to run the
hello world program that worked fine. So apparently there is no problem
with I/O functions. But, the benchmarks we are trying to run use File
I/O functions like fopen, putc, fprintf. We have build a eCos tree with
all POSIX functions and have compiled the benchmark using the PowerPC
compiler for eCos wich is available at eCos.org. When running the
program it stops at the File I/O functions.  Is there a problem using
File I/O functions at all or just when using simulators  or else are we
doing something wrong?

Luis Fernando Friedrich
Federal University of Santa Catarina
Computer Science Department