[ECOS] redboot trampoline

Mark Salter msalter@redhat.com
Fri Mar 17 12:21:00 GMT 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 18:34 +1100, Stewart Heitmann wrote:
> I've been porting redboot to my custom ixp425-based hardware.
> So far I have a working redboot console, and networking too,
> but the last hurdle is to get the "go" command to work.
>
> Currently, whenever I execute a "go" (or "exec") command,
> the redboot console simply freezes and nothing happens thereafter.

Once you use the "exec" command, RedBoot is no longer in play so a
console freeze is somewhat normal. Any output from the board will have
to come from the kernel you exec'ed.

The "go" command trampoline turns on interrupts for a short time
before jumping to the target address. I have seen hangs on new ports
when some device is not initialized and is left in a state where an
interrupt is pending. When the "go" command enables interrupts, the
pending interrupt fires at a time when no handler is installed.
Other than that, I'd look to the program you are "go"ing to.

--Mark