[ECOS] Request for hints

John R. Dunning jrd@jrd.org
Thu Mar 16 11:55:00 GMT 2006

    From: Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch>
    Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:49:39 +0100

    The test cases are probably what you want. Try something like:

    ecosconfig new at91sam7s minimal
    ecosconfig tree
    make -s ; make -s tests

    and then run install/tests/hal/common/current/tests/basic and context.

Ok.  I started down that road, but got distracted playing with the
settings.  I'll try it.

    basic does not do much, but it will at least output to the serial
    port. So you can test all the startup code and the serial port.
    context does some context switches between threads.

That sounds good.

    For interrupts you will need the kernel, so do the ecosconfig command
    without 'minimal' and try the test program clocktruth. This will test
    if your timer tick interrupt works.

Ok.  I'll try it.  Many thanks!

    Are you designing a processor from scratch?

Sort of.  I'm doing some work for some folks who are burning an off
the shelf core into silicon with a bunch of custom logic.  I'm trying
to work out effective ways to exercise the custom logic.

Thanks!