[ECOS] JFFS2 on ARM target
Doyle, Patrick
WPD@dtccom.com
Thu Mar 9 16:18:00 GMT 2006
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Andrew Lunn [mailto:andrew@lunn.ch]
> Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 4:58 PM
> To: Doyle, Patrick
> Cc: ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org
> Subject: Re: [ECOS] JFFS2 on ARM target
>
> packages/fs/jffs2/current/src/fs-ecos.c:24
>
> #if (__GNUC__ == 3) && (__GNUC_MINOR__ == 2) && defined
> (__ARM_ARCH_4__)
> #error This compiler is known to be broken. Please see:
> #error
> http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-patches/2003-08/msg00006.html
> #endif
>
> 2003-09-23 Andrew Lunn <andrew.lunn@ascom.ch>
>
> * src/fs-ecos.c: Added test to detect known broken
> ARM compiler
>
> Andrew
>
Thanks Andrew,
I'll look at mtd distribution, see if it includes Øyvind's patch, and figure
out what to do next based on what I find there. In the mean time,
experimental evidence suggests that the 'defined(__ARM_ARCH_4__)' should be
'defined(__ARM_ARCH_4T_)' in fs-ecos.c. At least on my system, which
compiles fs-ecos.c with the following command:
arm-elf-gcc -c -I/home/wpd/ess/redboot/dbw-redboot-ram/install/include
-I/home/wpd/eCos/ecos-20060228/packages/fs/jffs2/current
-I/home/wpd/eCos/ecos-20060228/packages/fs/jffs2/current/src
-I/home/wpd/eCos/ecos-20060228/packages/fs/jffs2/current/tests -I.
-I/home/wpd/eCos/ecos-20060228/packages/fs/jffs2/current/src/
-finline-limit=7000 -mcpu=arm9 -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes
-Winline -Wundef -g -O2 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections
-fno-exceptions -D__ECOS -nostdinc -iwithprefix include
-Wp,-MD,src/fs-ecos.tmp -o src/fs_jffs2_fs-ecos.o
/home/wpd/eCos/ecos-20060228/packages/fs/jffs2/current/src/fs-ecos.c
--wpd
--
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss
More information about the Ecos-discuss
mailing list