[ECOS] eCos development on OS X or a BSD box?

Edgar Grimberg edgar.grimberg@rms.ro
Thu Mar 9 07:51:00 GMT 2006

Roger Cortesi wrote:
> Is anyone using OS X or one of the three main BSD's as their
> development platform for eCos apps?
Hi Roger,

I have compiled the arm-elf tools, eCos and my specific application on
an PPC MacMini with OS X 10.4 some time ago, but just to see if it is
possible. If I remember correctly there were no major issues on the
compile time. I didn't run the binary compiled on the Mac on my target,
so I cannot tell you if everything was OK. If you have any problems,
let's bring them to the mail list, because I am also interested in
making my home Mac a development platform.

Regards,
Edgar