[ECOS] processor hangs at 'hal_mon_init'

Bob Koninckx bob.koninckx@o-3s.com
Thu Jun 29 21:28:00 GMT 2006

> Hi,
> - using ROM startup, CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR not included (RedBoot
> set to behave as ROM monitor)
> - error occurs at instruction 'STWU R0,0004(R4)' in hal_mon_init.
> Before execution: R0=7C71 43A6, R4=FFFF FFFC
> After: -no change-
>
> Why is it trying to write to a ROM location (0000 0000) when VSR table
> should be copied to RAM, if I understand correctly

That's what you have to find out. Probably your memory layout is not
correct or the memory controller is not configured correctly. Did you
initialize the memory controller ? (see e.g file ec555.S for an example
of how you should do this). Is your RAM supposed to be at address
0x00000000 ?

Bob